Applying Professional Kanban
September 10, 2022
Toronto ON Canada
Event Schedule Details
- September 10, 2022 9:00 am - September 11, 2022 4:00 pm
- October 8, 2022 9:00 am - October 9, 2022 12:00 pm
Kanban is fast becoming the modern way to manage an organization’s delivery of customer value. In today’s always-on environment, you need a clear set of practices that don’t get in the way of your ability to continuously deliver but that provides enough structure to keep everyone aligned and focused. This two-day course will give you an in-depth introduction to improving your team’s effectiveness by applying Kanban flow principles.
In this class, you will learn the basic principles of flow and how to use them to make your team process more efficient, predictable, and effective. With an emphasis on the practical application of concepts, this course includes many hands-on exercises that will lead you through the steps of setting up and operating a Kanban system for continuous value delivery and improvement.
After attending the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of flow
- Describe the value of WiP limits
- Create a visual board to manage work
- Capture and interpret key flow metrics and analytics to find improvement opportunities
- Explain why flow should be focused on value delivery
- Define, build, operate and continuously improve a Kanban system
- Discuss how tooling impacts Kanban implementation
Who Should Attend
The Applying Professional Kanban course is for anyone who wants to improve their teams’ ability to deliver value and be more effective. Typical attendee roles include product Team Members, Team Leads, Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Project Managers and Product Managers.
- Kanban Theory, Principles and Practices
- Applying Kanban
- Workflow design and visualization
- How to operate a Kanban system
- How to get started
After taking the course, participants will have an opportunity to validate their understanding of core Kanban topics by taking an online assessment and earning the Professional Kanban level I (PK I) certification
About the Instructor
Itopa is a practicing Agile Coach supporting teams at all level on their continuous improvement journey. As a Professional Kanban Trainer, Itopa brings his personal experience over the years to bear in facilitating the class. As a Train From the Back of the Room practitioner, Itopa applies the activity-first approach to ensure interactivity and maximum retention of knowledge after the class.
Experience Flow, Kanban theory, principles and practices, Applying Kanban
Workflow design and visualization, How to operate a Kanban system, How to get started