Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) – Africa
Date and Time:
October 8, 2022 7:00 am GMT+0000 - October 9, 2022 - 1:30 pm GMT+0000
November 12, 2022 7:00 am GMT+0000 - November 13, 2022 - 1:30 pm GMT+0000
December 10, 2022 7:00 am GMT+0000 - December 11, 2022 - 1:30 pm GMT+0000
January 14, 2023 7:00 am GMT+0000 - January 15, 2023 - 1:30 pm GMT+0000
February 11, 2023 7:00 am GMT+0000 - February 12, 2023 - 1:30 pm GMT+0000
March 11, 2023 7:00 am GMT+0000 - March 12, 2023 - 1:30 pm GMT+0000
Toronto, ON, Canada
About The Events
In this Professional Scrum Master class students are challenged to explore the Agile and Scrum principles so they can better understand what to do when applying Scrum to support their teams and organizations.
The Professional Scrum Master Course, developed by Scrum.org, uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning where students work together in teams. Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) bring their own Scrum Master experiences and stories to the class and use their skills as professional trainers to deliver the material using their own unique delivery style. The result is an engaging, enjoyable learning experience where students gain a deep understanding of Scrum theory and principles, the Scrum Master accountabilities and why each element of the Scrum framework is important.
Students leave this course with an appreciation for Professional Scrum, the agile mindset, and how to deal with common myths and impediments to agility. They gain the knowledge and understanding about how to choose and apply the appropriate practices and techniques that will be most beneficial for their Scrum Teams.
Course Learning Objectives
• Help Scrum Teams deliver value to their organization
• Understand the theory and principles behind Scrum and empiricism
• Understand how each part of the Scrum framework ties back to the principles and theory • Understand uncertainty and complexity in product delivery
• Understand the meaning and importance of the Scrum values
• Learn what Done means and why it is crucial to transparency
• Know how to use the Product Backlog to plan with agility
• Understand the importance of self-managing teams, interpersonal skills needed, and the Scrum Master role • Clarify the leadership role a Scrum Master play on the team
• Learn the skills and traits and behaviour shifts required to be a Scrum Master
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSM I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
You are also entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I.
Scrum Theory and First Principles
Elements of the Scrum Framework
Done and Definition of Done
Product Development with Scrum
People and Teams
The Scrum Master Role