Professional Scrum Master II
Over the 2 days*, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master such as how the prin- ciples and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex
and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as:
The Scrum Master as a Teacher
The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As a Scrum Master, being able to identify, and effectively apply, which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation or circumstance could prove to be the key to the success of your team.
As a Scrum Master, part of your role is to help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand the benefits of Scrum and Agile. Therefore, it is imperative that you have the information and background that is needed to gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent. Throughout the class, your PST will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources and more.
The Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) to provide coaching on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today or may in the future.
Course Learning Objectives
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improve their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with
- greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
- Improve effects on the organization of a successful Scrum Master
- Dealing with team conflict
- Removing impediments